Many companies offer managed IT services, which are contracted services delivered directly to the customer. They are responsible for the upkeep and preventative maintenance of your IT infrastructure, as well as providing onsite and helpdesk support as agreed upon in a service contract. These services can be utilized as a full-scale IT department or to supplement an already existing IT team to enable them to focus on larger scale company issues. Below are 8 benefits of bringing in a managed IT services provider.
1. Control IT Costs If your agreement is negotiated on a usage basis, outsourcing your IT requirements allows you to budget more effectively by eliminating fixed costs.
2. Reduction of Labor Costs Hire, train, turnover. The revolving door of maintaining your own IT department can be very expensive and result in a perpetual learning curve. When you outsource your IT, you will be dealing with experienced staff and a company who bears the financial burden of keeping them educated.
3. Experience. Experience. Experience. Managed IT service companies see similar problems multiple times and can resolve the issue based on experience. In-house IT staff tend to see a lot of issues that are unique to them and must resort to research, and trial and error. Would you rather have the brain surgeon who’s performing his first surgery or the one with a track record of 100 successful surgeries?
4. Quickly Implement New Projects A quality outsourced IT service organization will have the resources to start new projects right away. Handling the same project in-house might involve weeks or months to hire the right people, train them, and provide the support they need. For most implementations, quality IT companies will bring years of experience in the beginning, saving time and money.
5. Ability to Focus on the Business at Hand Each and every company’s goals are to complete sales, make money, and grow their business. You have limited time, resources and staff to accomplish this and the last thing you want to worry about are complex IT issues that are outside the scope of your skill set and take away from your ability to achieve your ultimate goals.
6. Leveling the Playing Field Most small businesses can’t afford to match the in-house support services that larger companies maintain. Outsourcing can help small companies act “big” by giving them access to similar technology and expertise that large companies enjoy. An independent managed IT service can provide a cost structure and economy of scale that can give your company a competitive advantage.
7. Supplement to Your Existing IT Team Many larger businesses have the benefit of an in-house IT team, but in many cases, they can be taxed with performing minor fixes company wide such as password resets, copier issues, software updates, and other general help desk requests. Bringing on an outsourced managed IT service can help save internal IT staff the valuable time they need to address new projects and larger issues.
8. Compliance and Security Is your firewall up to date? Do you have a DMZ installed? Do you audit your workstations and servers? Has your company implemented PCI security standards and work to maintain those standards? Are you prepared in the event of a disaster? By outsourcing with a managed IT services provider who is familiar with PCI compliance standards, you can rest assured that your company is minimizing the risks associated with maintaining client data, credit card numbers, sensitive competitive information and more, as well as the ability to securely backup this critical data in the event of a disaster.
Ford Business Machines has a full staff of qualified and experienced IT technicians who are ready to help. For more information or to schedule a complimentary assessment of your current IT environment, call 800.633.3673.